Ted Plantos Dedication
BA (hons) U of T, '51, Med U of T '70, Arscura School of Art, Toronto,
' 85 - poet, writer, sculptor, feminist, one of 'Toronto's Mille
Femmes' at the 2008 Luminato Festival) which paid tribute to women
who have made a contribution to the arts.
Ann leads workshops
in how the arts create a new perspective on how we see ourselves
and the world and enjoys reading from her work, especially with
other poets, writers and artists, and with dancers and musicians
in interactive multi media events - spoken word accompanied by paintings,
sculptures and music.
Earlier in her
career Ann was a psychotherapist focusing on expressive therapies,
and also worked as a counsellor, group leader, lecturer and graduate
student supervisor at York University.
A Toronto native
since 1929 Ann now writes, sculpts and paints full time in Toronto
and on Manitoulin Island.
Ann loves music,
theatre, gardening, gallery hopping and bookstore browsing and the
company of family and friends.
- The Ontario
- Old Town
- The Tower Poetry
- The League of
- Toronto Heliconian
Club for professional women in the arts.
- One of Toronto's Mille Femmes' for the 2008 Luminato Festival
Light, Longboat Alliance Publishing, 2005, ISBN 1: 0-9737699-0-4
- My Grandmother's Hair, Publisher, EdgarKent / Dundurn,
2006, ISBN 2: 0-88866-654-3 (pbk.)
- The Risks of Remembrance, WordsIndeed Publishing, 2010,
ISBN 3: 978-0-9865166-0-0
- Ann has recently completed We All Become Stories: Old Age and
the Changing Experiences of Memory.
and reviews of Ann's books have appeared from Maine to Manitoulin
Island and Vancouver, most recently in:
Horizons magazine (2008),
- Canadian Woman Studies/les cahier de la femme (2008/09,
forthcoming in 2011)
- Exile Quarterly, 2010
- The Sudbury Star (2005/10)
- Celebrating Poets over 70, McMaster University Centre for
Gerontological Studies and The Tower Poetry Society (2010)
- Monhegan Memo #6 (2010/11)
- Manitoulin Cross-pollination Two Catalogue (2010)
- The Manitoulin Expositor and The Beach Metro News
- The OWN Quarterly (2010),
- Island Mists, TPS, 2010.
- Poet's Cove, An Anthology of Poetry ed. M. Mir, 2003/04,Publisher,
Monhegan Press, Maine, USA, 2003, 2004
- Celebrating Poets Over 70, Publisher, McMaster University
Centre for Gerontological Studies and the Tower Poetry Society,
....ISBN 2: 978-1-894088-15-2
- Island Mists, Publisher, Poetry Institute of Canada, 2010
Ann Elizabeth Carson
10-120 Glen Manor Dr.,Toronto, ON., M4E 2X6
tel: 416 694 5500
email: Ann ............